Monday, September 15, 2008

Palin Politics - Is She Really the Issue? Yes and No.

I swear this is the last time I want to write about Sarah Palin!!!! Democrats have allowed themselves to be totally thrown off their game, i.e., message, by her and her handlers. What the heck are we talking about? Palin, Palin, Palin - Wal-Mart Moms, Hockey Pucks and Lipstick. Her face and/or those of her entire family grace the covers of nearly every chick magazine in the grocery store check-out line. Huge expletive deleted here!!! Her presence on the ticket IS of great concern to me and many others. But the target is McSame or as some are calling him: Bush Forty-four!

I'm a life-long Democrat and a proud card-carrying member of the ACLU (I'll write about civil liberties when I'm calmer) both of which I support with my words and coin. I am beyond worried about the upcoming election. If McSame is elected, well I can't even go there. With his much talked about health issues, we all know Palin could end up in the White House. We CANNOT let that happen. She has no clue what the Bush Doctrine is, but can see Russia from her house! What, me worry? The woman is freakin' crazy!!!

We Democrats have to get it together NOW! I urge you to read an article about Miss AK47 which ran on the front page of yesterday's (9/14) The New York Times. Written by journalists Jo Becker, Peter S. Goodman and Michael Powell, the piece is entitled "As Governor and Mayor, Palin Hired Friends and Hit Critics." It was a front page story which continued for an additional ENTIRE page! I don't shock easily, but I was stunned, stunned I tell you, at the revelations. As former mayor of NYC Ed Koch said, "The woman terrifies me."

Here's the link.

www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/us/politics/14palin.html?hp -

On "The Google" the article is entitled: "Once Elected, Palin Hired Friends and Lashed Foes." It should be required reading for every voter.

Also not to be missed, is Frank Rich's op-ed piece "The Palin-Whatshisname Ticket," also in yesterday's Times.

www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/opinion/14rich.html?_r=1&ref=opinion&oref=slogin -

3 comments:

Madeline said...

THANKS for the links....I read them in their entirety and am so relieved to see that *some* people get it!

I sent the links on to all of my friends. They are all democrats, but I'm hoping they have some Republican and/or Independent friends that need informing!!

Tanya Brown said...

These are interesting stories; thanks for the links.

When she was mayor of Wasilla, one of her acts of eternal brilliance was to charge rape victims for rape kits - forensic exam supplies - which at the time, cost around $300 - 1200. Fortunately, the state legislature passed a bill to end that practice.

The more I hear about her, the more she terrifies me.

Alison Schwabe said...

Not living there or being a citizen but being a sister, mother-in-law and grandmother of americans, I take a fair bit of notice of what's going on in your country - my sister is helping the Democrat effort in S.NM where she lives. I am appalled how the whole vacuous Palin thing has knocked the masterly Obama campaign off the rails a bit - temporarily we all hope. I think there is time for everyone to rectify that and get the right team into the White House come november. Not only do you people desperately need that to happen, but the rest of the world has its fingers crossed, too, believe me.