Friday, October 31, 2008

YES WE CAN - TOGETHER!!!

Have you volunteered yet? To get out the vote, I mean. My DH and I will be working Saturday and election day for Barack Obama. I believe so strongly that he is the only one who can save this country. Please do everything you can to get this man elected. Knock on doors, talk to friends and neighbors, make phone calls, offer rides to the polls. Concentrate on those who are undecided - and I can't believe there are still voters in this category!

Every single vote is desperately needed. Even with polls showing Obama with a lead, four days is a lifetime in politics. Take nothing for granted. Work as hard as you possibly can, then work a little harder. I know I will.

If your state allows early voting, take advantage of it and get to the polls today. My DH and I voted early this week, waiting just under one hour.

For a bit of a break from CNN, MSNBC and NPR, to which we've been glued for months, we visited Charlotte's famous wall of pumpkins last night. Below are a few photos of this delightfully fun and very political event.


The pumpkin wall in the Plaza Midwood neighborhood (537 Lamar, Charlotte) is an awesome sight, especially with its pro Obama theme! Note the Yes We Can words just above the lighted Obama. Be sure to click on the photo for a closer view.

Templates for carving the faces of McCain and Obama appeared in our local newspaper (The Charlotte Observer) last week. Notably absent from the pumpkin wall were images of McSame.

Note the Obama campaign logo in the letter O.

Photo Credit: Bill Guerrant

No comments: